Are you ready for some Football?
As summer comes to a close and the kids get ready to go back to school, there is one really great consolation prize – FOOTBALL! What better way to enjoy this sporting season than by spending Sundays catching the game in your outdoor living space. Below are some tips on Prepping your Outdoor Living Spaces for Football Season. Follow these great playbook tips for prepping your outdoor living spaces for football season.
Tackle TV Solutions – Most importantly, you need a big screen and well-planned sound system to catch all the action. Outdoor viewing parties can easily be interrupted by weather – here are a few ways to prepare.
- Pay attention to placement. Putting the television in a well-shaded area, such as under an eave, will make it easier to see the screen.
- For a safer and more durable screen, invest in an all-weather television. An outdoor movie screen is another option.
- Build a weatherproof enclosure around your television to protect it when not in use. Go to http://youtu.be/kFahZGn9fqM Checkout our Custom built TV enclosure with electric cover. Check out this video and watch how it works.
This is sure to impress your guest and insure the best protection for your big screen.
- Some homeowners prefer to just bring an indoor television outside when it’s game time.
- Another option for those who are cautious of having outdoor electronics is to connect your indoor living area with an outdoor viewing area – through the use of folding or sliding patio doors. This way you can sit outside, while viewing the game on the inside television. Just make sure the screen is large enough and properly placed so it can be seen from every angle.
Offer Sideline Seating– Your outdoor viewing area should offer tons of comfortable seating, making it a much better alternative than going to a nearby bar and sitting awkwardly on a sticky barstool. We recommend weatherproof materials for cushions and throw pillows.
Don’t Fumble On Food Formation – Let’s be honest, food is one of our favorite things about football season. An outdoor kitchen lets you keep food, beverages and supplies nearby, allowing you to host a better party. It’s easy to throw hotdogs and hamburgers on the grill, or you can really impress your guests with an outdoor pizza oven. You may also want to consider having a Billy Parker Exteriors install a keg or mini fridge to keep chilled beverages close by. Make clean up easy with a nearby trash compacter.
Take A Halftime Bathroom Break – Just like halftime in football, your guests will need to take bathroom breaks. Make sure there is an easily accessible bathroom nearby.
Defend Your Turf And Banish Bugs – These uninvited party crashers can really ruin the mood. In addition to Citronella candles, you may want to invest in some fans. Not only will fans keep your guest comfortable but did you know that fan-generated wind is a practical way to ward off mosquitoes, since the wind dilutes attractants such as body chemicals and odors plus moves carbon dioxide. Food covers will also help stop bugs from flying around your game day munchies.
Prep For Pre-Season Weather – Since football season spans from fall to winter, you will experience both warm and cool temperatures. Keep guests comfortable with ceiling fans and heaters. An outdoor fireplace or fire pit is also a great add on, providing great ambiance for your outdoor living spaces.
Kickoff the football season with a fun, inviting and well-designed outdoor living spaces. To discuss your next home project or learn more about how we design one-of-a-kind patios to reflect your unique lifestyle, contact us.